Monday, December 23, 2013

Get a glimpse of my interior


This is my latest furniture: two really pretty desk lamps that I put next to the fire place, and a holder that says News for newspapers :) 
I was on the hunt for these kind of lamps to have next to my couch but I only found really expensive ones. These are a good alternative: they still have a similar interior deco effect without being overly expensive. I think I paid about 20 dollars for them. 
The news stand cost me 15 dollars. 
As the theme in my house is rather "white" based, I really like to always grab similar light colors. I just get bored very easily with colors.. Sometimes, I wish I liked it, because then I could go wild and crazy with what I pick for my interior, but... It seems to stress me out more than be beautiful to the eye :D


They give a very decent amount of light, and in the evenings, I prefer this lighting instead of my ceiling lights, it just gives that extra cozy vibe I absolutely LOVE! 


Here, you can see my table I transformed when I talked about 4 months ago about re inventing an old coffee table. I scratched off all the old paint and dust and started from the bottom up. I decided to paint a striped foot piece with the help of some tape and verrrryyyy pretty golden bronzed paint. I did not want to make it too messy and aggressive, so I chose not to paint the same pattern on the sides. There, I decided to go for egg white / ivory paint that is suitable for wood. And voila, my table is done :) 
I think this is a 40 year old table btw... 
On top of that is an Ikea plate, I absolutely love black and white stripes. It feels a little colonial to me.
I placed a Zara home vase with some fake flowers for Christmas, and next to that I put a Zara home Christmas candle which has the same color as the flowers, and in real life, also as the paint on the table.
Behind that you will be able to see my couch. You can guess my colors are basically grey and white, with some hints of gold :) I like to make my couch extra comfy by placing a million cushions. I can then also alternate between several pillow fabrics to change up the mood in my apartment.
It is a great and very affordable way to spice up your deco. Pillows can be found at Ikea for about 6 dollars, and the textile, you can even make yourself! It is really not that hard..
Merry Christmas everyone!
If you are into vlogs, maybe you will like my Vlogmas video I will put up on my Youtube channel later on today.. You will have a sneak peek of what my life looks like :) 

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 what do you think? please share your thoughts! <3